The SEVEN

Father forgive them, for they know not what they do
(Luke 23:34).

Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise
(Luke 23:43).

Woman, behold your son: behold your mother
(John 19:26-27).

My God, My God, why have you forsaken me
(Matthew 27:46 and Mark 15:34).

I thirst (John 19:28).

Father, into your hands I commit my spirit
(Luke 23:46).

It is finished (John 19:30).



Monday, February 25, 2013

THE THIRD WORD
Woman, behold your son: behold your mother
(John 19:26-27).
The Word of Relationship


The bond between mother and son,
no greater mystery,
written or read,
we stand on the outside observing the subtlety of fathomless glances,
smiles without names,
measuring, taking photographs, building memories, puzzling,
taking no step closer than where our feet are planted,
for there the road ends;
We, the outsiders to their love.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment