The SEVEN

Father forgive them, for they know not what they do
(Luke 23:34).

Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise
(Luke 23:43).

Woman, behold your son: behold your mother
(John 19:26-27).

My God, My God, why have you forsaken me
(Matthew 27:46 and Mark 15:34).

I thirst (John 19:28).

Father, into your hands I commit my spirit
(Luke 23:46).

It is finished (John 19:30).



Thursday, February 28, 2013



http://sevenlastwordsforlent.blogspot.com/
THE THIRD WORD
Woman, behold your son: behold your mother
(John 19:26-27).
The Word of Relationship
 
The nails give me a problem.

The ones in his wrists. Binding hand to wood.
 
Imagining him hanging there looking down upon his mother;

Saying goodbye in his own way.
One last kiss, son to mother to say goodbye not to be.
Doing his duty, the eldest son, giving her to someone else’s son;
care for her into her old age
while his life passes with each breath, struggling.
Mother behold your son: Behold your mother.

What is love except to give love away?

No comments:

Post a Comment