The SEVEN

Father forgive them, for they know not what they do
(Luke 23:34).

Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise
(Luke 23:43).

Woman, behold your son: behold your mother
(John 19:26-27).

My God, My God, why have you forsaken me
(Matthew 27:46 and Mark 15:34).

I thirst (John 19:28).

Father, into your hands I commit my spirit
(Luke 23:46).

It is finished (John 19:30).



Thursday, February 14, 2013


FORGIVENESS
"Father forgive them for they know not what they do."
Do you have two minutes and nine seconds to watch a video on Forgiveness?
“Worship Together” is our Cross+Generational blend of Worship, Sunday school, and Family Faith formation that focuses on teaching key Bible stories and equipping people to connect the scriptures with their everyday lives by engaging them in a variety of creative ways. The stories are prayed, sung, signed using American Sign Language, shared through dramatic readings and puppet shows, and engaged and expressed through other creative fine arts and media. It has both a large group and small group component in which the “Faith Five” practices of sharing highs and lows, engaging scripture, connecting scripture with what’s going on in one’s life, praying for one another and sharing a word of blessing are used. Holy Communion is always shared and all of the generations are made to feel welcome and equal partners in all that we do. This service takes place in the fellowship hall.
Last fall we read (and signed and sung and prayed) a Bible story about forgiveness and then wrote "Forgiveness Haiku" poems. This is a link to a video meditation on forgiveness that I developed using pictures from that day coupled with a song that helps us enter "into the moment."
http://youtu.be/0QAOiVFDk5s

No comments:

Post a Comment