The SEVEN

Father forgive them, for they know not what they do
(Luke 23:34).

Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise
(Luke 23:43).

Woman, behold your son: behold your mother
(John 19:26-27).

My God, My God, why have you forsaken me
(Matthew 27:46 and Mark 15:34).

I thirst (John 19:28).

Father, into your hands I commit my spirit
(Luke 23:46).

It is finished (John 19:30).



Monday, February 18, 2013

THE SECOND WORD
"Today You Will Be With Me In Paradise"
Luke 23:43

Every death
births its questions,
in silence,  rage or fear,
what awaits beyond the labors of love,
the fullness of grace;
Peace in its completeness.
The last tear wiped away
by God,
no small thing for those whose cheeks
are no stranger to them.
All shrouded now in mystery, in dream,
to hold a lover's hand and look, look deeply
and wonder what will be
when today becomes today
in paradise.



No comments:

Post a Comment