The SEVEN

Father forgive them, for they know not what they do
(Luke 23:34).

Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise
(Luke 23:43).

Woman, behold your son: behold your mother
(John 19:26-27).

My God, My God, why have you forsaken me
(Matthew 27:46 and Mark 15:34).

I thirst (John 19:28).

Father, into your hands I commit my spirit
(Luke 23:46).

It is finished (John 19:30).



Saturday, February 23, 2013

THE SECOND WORD
Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise
(Luke 23:43).
(photo courtesy of Pastor Keith)
 
Keep the sticks and pebbles
but what to leave behind?
The rummage sale of our life, moving day,
the ultimate downsizing, right-sizing, death.
Death, life.
Sifting through the memories,
Tossing some here and there,
The trash can overflowing.
Gentle with some, others confetti upon the floor,
turning the toilet into post-modern art:
The teasing, being small with big feet.
All those mistakes. Playing with matches.
Sneaking coffee. Every lie.
Wondering about the number of bags we get to take for free.
Having loved, loved deeply, loved passionately,
touches and softness ,
Joy, the warmth of hands held,
Long walks and postcard sunsets
Meals, kisses, breaths.
Do they have those baggage carts
In Paradise?

No comments:

Post a Comment