The SEVEN

Father forgive them, for they know not what they do
(Luke 23:34).

Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise
(Luke 23:43).

Woman, behold your son: behold your mother
(John 19:26-27).

My God, My God, why have you forsaken me
(Matthew 27:46 and Mark 15:34).

I thirst (John 19:28).

Father, into your hands I commit my spirit
(Luke 23:46).

It is finished (John 19:30).



Tuesday, February 12, 2013

THE SEVEN LAST WORDS

Just so folks are clear - we would LOVE to have you actively participate in this Lenten reflection opportunity. As couples, families or with your friends take the "Word" for the week and use its corresponding scripture in your "Faith Five" time by sharing your highs and lows for the week, reading the scripture, seeking connections between your highs and lows and the text, praying for each other and offering a simple blessing for the coming days. Or individually or with others focus on the "Word" for the week and take a photo that captures the essence of it or journal your thoughts or create a 2D or 3D art project that does the same. Whatever you are willing to share with me, share away. Post it, email it, bring your creations into for us to display. If you are private, use your reflections privately - it is all good!

The Schedule:
SEVEN LAST WORDS SCHEDULE
Week of FEB 11th Father forgive them, for they know not what they do (Luke 23:34).
Week of FEB 18th Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise (Luke 23:43).

Week of FEB 25th Woman, behold your son: behold your mother (John 19:26-27).

Week of MAR 4thMy God, My God, why have you forsaken me (Matthew 27:46 and Mark 15:34).

Week of MAR 11th I thirst (John 19:28).

Week of MAR 18th It is finished (John 19:30).

Week of MAR 25th Father, into your hands I commit my spirit (Luke 23:46).

Extra Opportunity:
Maundy Thursday MAR 28th
Love one another as I have loved you (John 13:34)

Easter MAR 31st
I have seen the Lord! (John 20:18)

No comments:

Post a Comment