The SEVEN

Father forgive them, for they know not what they do
(Luke 23:34).

Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise
(Luke 23:43).

Woman, behold your son: behold your mother
(John 19:26-27).

My God, My God, why have you forsaken me
(Matthew 27:46 and Mark 15:34).

I thirst (John 19:28).

Father, into your hands I commit my spirit
(Luke 23:46).

It is finished (John 19:30).



Wednesday, February 13, 2013

FORGIVENESS

"Father forgive them, for they know not what they do"
Bound as they were, fearful hearts and dread
Bound and blind. 
Blind, unthinking,
humanity's long banner unfolding, 
unfurling into winds, chill and marrow deep,
the very seam of hope, 
jagged wisps of thread
lost to indifference.
Such are we
in moments of self-awareness.

In forgiving them (us) gifting freedom, 
tearing out the roots, clods of earth
clouds of dust, leaf litter, stone and clay
lost and scattered and gratefully so;
freedom, freedom to breathe, 
to turn one's face towards the kiss
of a morning's sun,
to embrace the sound of a thousand steps
into its arms,
to live in the hope of tomorrow
and its blessing of today,
unbound.


No comments:

Post a Comment