The SEVEN

Father forgive them, for they know not what they do
(Luke 23:34).

Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise
(Luke 23:43).

Woman, behold your son: behold your mother
(John 19:26-27).

My God, My God, why have you forsaken me
(Matthew 27:46 and Mark 15:34).

I thirst (John 19:28).

Father, into your hands I commit my spirit
(Luke 23:46).

It is finished (John 19:30).



Wednesday, February 20, 2013

THE SECOND WORD
Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise
(Luke 23:43).
If there were nails in my hands
and my feet,
and some guy was mocking me,
some criminal,
like he had some right to talk,
me there bleeding just like him,
counting the hours, in the sun, the breaths,
wondering when the sharp point of the spear might poke or prod,
Me naked.Yes, my clothing the prize in a game of dice.
Even to one act of kindness,
one last act of faith, of trust,
still, to offer
Promise through the pain,
To minister to the end,
to speak of paradise,
that none may fear the journey
that Christ, himself, takes with us,
until we receive in fullness  what we now see only in part.

No comments:

Post a Comment