The SEVEN

Father forgive them, for they know not what they do
(Luke 23:34).

Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise
(Luke 23:43).

Woman, behold your son: behold your mother
(John 19:26-27).

My God, My God, why have you forsaken me
(Matthew 27:46 and Mark 15:34).

I thirst (John 19:28).

Father, into your hands I commit my spirit
(Luke 23:46).

It is finished (John 19:30).



Friday, March 8, 2013


THE FOURTH WORD
"My God, My God, Why have you forsaken me?"
(Matthew 27:46 and Mark 15:34).

Faith should bear its doubts,
more with pride then shame,
The tension of belief and unbelief
marking one thirsting to know God more deeply,
honestly, God's shoulders broad enough to bear all. 
How quick we are to dismiss with a word,
the rawness of pain,
the wound, 
the bitterness of tears, 
the tightness of the throat, 
a broken soul.
Forsakenness stares down our discomfort with doubt.
Defies our discomfort and soothing words
that insult both God and us. 
For only when we have nothing, can we have everything.








No comments:

Post a Comment